Riding in Black Forest and French Alsace
Alsace and the Black Forest is one of our youngest tours, introduced in late 2018 and first conducted in summer 2019 as “Europe Royale” by our guide Anže. See what he says about the tour below.
This incredibly diverse tour is a great introduction to a Classical Europe as we all know it from history books and movies, and an invitation to those thinking if they should ever come riding in Europe. Roads are of the best quality, turns are long and enjoyable, and not technical at all. Travelling is made easy and everybody speaks English in case you get lost. We at AMT would say: A great tour to start with when discovering Europe on two wheels.
The tour starts in Munich, Germany and then takes you to Austria, Switzerland, and France, in the very heart of Europe. For 9 days of this rich tour you’ll ride some of the greatest scenic roads in all of Europe - the famous Black Forest road, the German Alpine Road south of Munich, the Vosges Mountains roads in Alsace, and the roads in Austrian Alps, among others. Besides very good riding you’ll be visiting and staying in places which are some of oldest and wealthiest in Europe.
Another strong point of the tour is the numerous world-known sights we visit and see on the way - something for everybody to enjoy and admire, both riders and pillions:
- Castles of Linderhof and Neuschweistein, built by Ludwig II.
- Old town of Lindau on lake Constance.
- Rhine Falls, one of the largest waterfalls in Europe;
- Black Forest (Schwarzwald in German), a large mountain range in Southwest Germany, home to the cuckoo clock, the Grimm Brothers fairy tales, world-renewed spa,...
- Alsace, the wine region in northeastern part of France, and its oldest town of Ribeauville.
- The Castle road (Burgenstrase) and its 60 castles you can admire from the road.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber, one of the oldest and most historic of the medieval towns along the Romantic Road in Germany.
- And last but not least, Munich – the start and end of the tour.
We invite you to join us on this magnificent ride in the summer of 2021 from July 10 - 18.
BACK TO BLOG